Playday 2021 will be celebrated on Wednesday 4 August.
Playday is the annual national day for play in the UK, coordinated by Play England, Play Wales, Play Scotland and PlayBoard Northern Ireland. The 2021 theme, Summer of Play, recognises the challenges children and young people have faced over the past year and the need to enjoy time for play with their friends, having fun. Families and carers are being encouraged to celebrate children’s right to play in their local communities.
We have a brand new partnership with Magic Light Pictures and Playday will see characters Pip and Posy, from the hit Milkshake! and Sky Kids series, feature in a fun resource pack designed with Playday and available online to download now, filled with inspiring Pip and Posy themed ideas, tips and downloadable activities, the pack will help families, carers and communities create their own fun-filled Playday event.
Click on the button below to download the resource pack.
You can also join the #SummerOfPlay campaign and ensure children get access to #FunFriendsFreedom at www.summerofplay.co.uk
• Playing is essential for children’s mental health and wellbeing.
• Playing helps children cope with stress and anxiety and fosters resilience, enabling children to better deal with challenges.
• Playing gives children the opportunity to have fun, laugh, take time out, relax, and build friendships.
• Playing outside allows children to appreciate nature, the environment, and feel part of their community.
• Playing is fundamental to children’s happiness, and happy children lead to happier communities.
We are looking forward to hearing about the creative ways you plan to celebrate a Summer of Play and Playday in your community.
Playday is coordinated by Play England, Play Wales, Play Scotland and PlayBoard Northern Ireland.